SGIOC - Ladies Fellowship
Martha Mariam Vanitha Samajam
Martha Mariam Vanitha Samajam (Ladies Fellowship) is the women's organization of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church of India. The Martha Mariam Vanitha Samajam has its humble origins as prayer groups in the various parishes scattered all over the Malankara Church in India several years ago. Mrs. K.M. Annamma (Kandathil), the visionary lady behind the Samajam, and the Rev. Ramban Barskeepa brought the entire parish based women's prayer groups under one umbrella, The Martha Mariam Vanitha Samajam.
- The Women (Vanitha) household of the Church come together to grow in Christian faith with fellowship & believe in the motto 'Pray, Act, and Shine'.
- With the Bible reading of Proverbs 31, as our guide, we encourage ourselves & each other to develop virtues that a noble wife possesses.
The activities of the Samajam in the St. Gregorios Orthodox Church, Adelaide, Australia include the following:
- Monthly meetings and Bible study.
- Pray for the sick and visit those who are confined in the hospitals.
Our Martha mariam samajam is very active in various charity activities. Charity Activities of 2023 include:
- Contribution to a patient undergoing dialysis in Kottayam.
- Contribution to a patient who underwent amputation of limb in Nilabur, Kerala
The primary goal of the Samajam is the spiritual development of the women in our church. The above activities are only a part of the process to reach spiritual fulfillment in our daily life. We, the members of Martha Mariam Samajam is pleased to welcome you & have you on board!